Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Post Injection Follow-up

It's been a week since I got my injections and I have to say, the knees are feeling pretty good! It's amazing the difference I can feel within a day or two, walking up and down the stairs is easier and just in general there are less aches and pains, these shots are amazing.

I was pretty much benched last week letting the shots settle in but I did get a few workouts in over the weekend.  Saturday I cranked out 2000m in 40 mins and that felt great! Sunday I didn't have as much wind in my sails but I still managed to knock out a solid swim.  I also ventured out for an easy 45k ride but Mother Nature got cranky and the rain turned me around after 15km so I added about 40 minutes to that on the trainer.

Yesterday I was back at Chiro and I found the sweet spot for my running form. Tonight the trick is remembering how good that felt and what my posture was like when I hit the pavement for my first run.  I met up with a few of the girls for the Masters Swim last night and that was no easy session let me tell you, Drew was definitely making us work but it always feels great after.

It's recovery week this week so it's a little easier overall but it feels great to get back into the full swing of training again, especially with 12 weeks to go, OMG!


No comments:

Post a Comment